what do you think?

So I'm 34 weeks My dr told me yesterday that shes gonna induce me at 38 weeks I have had alot of problems during this pregnancy...I wanna try to have the baby before 38 weeks so I dont have to be induced what are my chances of having the baby before what can I do that will really help??

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i really doubt there would be anything that would work. non-medical ways to induce labor are usually only good if the baby is really ready!

i also advise you not to try to have your baby before 38 weeks because his/her lungs might not be developed. all babies develop differently . they are usually ready by 37 weeks but what if not???

i'm assuming there are good medical reasons for being induced? ie the risks of induction outweight the risks of staying pregnant? if not consider telling your dr you want to wait until s/he comes on his/her own.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I agree with PP. Your doc is waiting for the 38 week mark to be sure that the baby is developed enough to be healthy when born. the lungs still need to develop more. there is a reason the doc is waiting for that to happen!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009