hand sanitizer

is it safe to apply a small amt of that hand sanitizer on a 16 month old? it does absorb quickly, and theres a flu outbreak in my town...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use baby wipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• ok yes i usually use those, i have never applied the hand sanitizer which is why I thought i'd ask first!~ thank you =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• its alcohol based(the gel ones atleast), might irritate the skin...test a little patch of skin and see if it turns red...if not you should be good...i used it on my girls when they were little, they still have their hands :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Your post just reminded me of "the drama with grandma" when our baby was born, we bought a ton of hand sanitizer and put a bottle on each room, we asked people to sanitize their hand before they became in contact with our little one.

Oh boy, hell broke loose till we had to say: "This is our baby, this are our terms, either you wash or sanitize your hand before touching my child or you won't touch him at all" DRAMA for a year. after numerous accusations of been a "germphobic" they finally got it that sanitizer wasn't going to kill them but it would give us piece of mind kind of a placebo effect or whatever. In my child I never use it tho, I only used wipphies.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009