WHAT CAN I GIVE MY SON TO EAT?

MY SON IS ABOUT TO BE A YEAR OLD ON SEPTEMBER 21. I WANT TO GIVE HIM DIFFERENT HEALTHY FOODS BUT FIND MYSELF RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR RECIPES?

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 1:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• weelicious.com is a site i have referred to. but i also have a son who is between 12 and 13 months. i started giving him more "table food". but am still cautious of what i give him. people want to feed him cake and all these other things, and i still do not allow it. we don't eat like that and i prefer he doesn't either
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well, what do you currently feed him? My son is 11.5 months and he really loves casseroles. His fav is shredded chicken, with veggies, whole grain pasta, a little cheeese. Sometimes i add in some cream of chicken soup. You could also try some cubed cheese, hummus and whole grain pitas, avacodos/modified guacamole. I have some more ideas, send me an msg with things you currently give him and I can send more ideas.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son loves pasta, whole wheat. Also, something he recently tried - cheese ravioli, I usually use frozen so I can just take out a few and boil them until soft. He also is in love with fruits, all kinds, so we've been introducing a bunch of different ones - last week it was kiwi, this week it's mangoes. He eats whatever we eat for dinner, so it keeps things mixed up. We don't do sweets with him either, unless it's an arrowroot cookie here or there.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• scrambled egg yolks with cheese, wheat bread with a slice of cheese melted on it, string cheese diced, smoothies, pasta with olive oil and veggies or a quick cheese sauce (butter, flour, milk cheese, and pureed pumpkin) with some peas. He will try what we are eating most of the time for dinner, those are just a few of his favorites.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009