How far along were you when your partner felt the baby kick?

I keep feeling the baby but my husband puts his hand on my belly and doesn't feel it. I'm currently 24 weeks along. When does it start getting hard enough for him to feel outside of my body?

jennchantal

Asked by jennchantal at 1:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh this is funny...my boyfriend was watching my belly one day (i was right around 23-25 weeks) and all of a sudden there was a really big kick and you could actually see a foot, my boyfriend got so freaked out he went in the other room lol.

a couple weeks after that i was driving and i told him to put his hand on my belly and right when he did the baby kicked his hand so hard, i thought my boyfriend was going to jump out of the car, it freaks him out lol

don't worry it will happen, my baby is shy and not a lot of people get to feel him (me, my boyfriend, and my boyfriends daughter)
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my husband started feeling our son a few weeks ago and im also 24 weeks along. I think it all depends on your body or the way the baby is laying. It took my husband a few kicks to realize what he was actually feeling lol. I wouldnt worry so much. Your baby just might not be kicking hard enough for your hubby to feel just yet. What i do to really get my son kicking is i drink a glass of COLD orange juice and eat some fruit.. lay almost completely on my back and he kicks HARD. GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• it really depends. is this your first baby? if so your stomach muscels could be preventing him feeling it even though you do. my husband is a little scared to touch my belly so he never tried to touch sooner although i asked him too. i don't quite remember when he felt it but it was around the 24 wk. he feels it really good now at 31 wks and like anotehr poster it kinda scares him even though he won't admit it. i know it does cause he doesn't seem to want to feel it move. when asked he said not true but i think he syaing a litte white lie.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It depends on a lot of things like how you are carrying and where the placenta is connected. I could always feel movement pretty early on, but it's not usually discernable from the outside until very late in the second trimester or early in the third. The other night DH thought it was hysterical that I was curled up next to his back and he could feel the baby kicking him in the back. He couldn't believe I was sleeping through that going on inside of me. I'm 30 weeks, and it's only been in the last 3 or 4 weeks that he or the kids have been able to feel the baby moving.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my SO swore he felt my son kick was i was like 19 weeks but now im 29 weeks when he comes around my baby refuses to kick lol he only kicks when im laying down for a long time or when im at work sitting down his kicks r stronger when im laying down..but he wont kick when his daddy is around i think he might be shy at a strange voice maybe? but im not always around my SO so idk it might be different for u
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 2:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm 24 weeks along to and the baby doesn't like moving for people. Daddy has been able to feel him for about a week now but he has to push down at the right moment in the right spot to feel our son kick. My sis is the only other person the baby will kick for. You really do just have to be in the right position and the baby has to like the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was around 24 weeks when my husband could finally start to feel her.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am 18 weeks and I felt it for the first time from the outside with my hand at about 15 weeks. My hubby felt his first good kick 2 days ago, so right at 18 weeks. I know though that it is different for everyone so don't get discouraged, just tell him to be patient and have him keep his hand in the same place for a few minutes. Our baby doesn't like it's space disturbed so everytime you push on it, you get pushed back. And it hates the doppler lol. Kicks the crap out of it.
    funlovinmama82

Answer by funlovinmama82 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i was 17 weeks when he felt my baby kick
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009