cold pasta salad

Does anyone have a recipe for cold pasta salad that doesn't use any vegetables. I went to this restaurant and they had this really good pasta salad. All it had was tri color pasta and some sort of sauce i guess that made it wet. every recipe I can find all has vegetables or seafood or something like that in it.

jessiesosore

Asked by jessiesosore at 1:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I just use Italian dressing, real bacon bits and tomatoes.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• just don't use the veggies.....but that's the best part mmmmm
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• so just cook the pasta and add italian dressing and put it in the fridge to cool?
    I should mention I am not a good cook....I pretty much have to find a recipe for anything i want to make
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 1:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I saw your question and am now craving pasta salad...lol Anyhoo...I've never made a pasta salad without veggies but I do use Caesar dressing in one of mine with tri-color pasta.
    diana71

Answer by diana71 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• the tri colored noodles, italian dressing, salad supreme, salt and pepper to tastse that what i do but i add all the veggies i agree with missheidi, the veggies are the best part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I use tricolor cockscrews, italian dressing, some parm. cheese, salt, pepper and I have to agree the veggies make it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I use vegetables and black beans.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i suppose you could cook the noodles, and just add the dressing and i also use salad elegance seasoning, a 5 oz. bottle. i love the veggies though its hte best!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I mix a packet of dried Italian dressing with a bottle of Italian dressing and pour over the cooked pasta. I also add olives (both black and green), and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Sometimes I put salami/summer sausage chunks in it or add veggies to make it interesting.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You could try the tri-colored pasta, black olives, onions, tomatoes, and caesar dressing. There's an Italian food place I like called Johnny Carinos and I asked them what was in their pasta salad, and that's the recipe. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 4, 2009