naps for an 11 1/2 year old?

Hey ladies, does your 11 or 12 month old take one nap or two? If only one, how did you know they were ready for one nap? I know each one is different, just looking for a general guideline!

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• year old?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• mine just refused his first one and instead of fighting him one day i just let him stay up and he was good so mine decided on his own not to take two naps
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My daughter still took two naps at that age, but what happened when she switched to one was that she just started refusing to take her afternoon nap occasionally, and would be a crankster the rest of the day. Then she started refusing it most of the time, and I knew she was really dropping the nap. Unfortunately, I then had to push her morning nap back, further and further, to turn her one nap into an afternoon one, which took a few, very painful weeks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Opps I ment months not years!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my son is 11 months old and he takes a nap around 8 and a nap around 1 and then on my way to school he sleeps in the car sometimes. I know when he needs a nap because hell start getting cranky or he finds his blanket and shoves his face in it and rubs his eyes lol
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009