knee/hip pain

I have been having some serious knee and hip pain, both of my knees bother me but my right one is really the issue. It hurts when I kneel down, when I get up I have to have something to pull myself up and my hip has been giving me lots of pain as well. the pain is sharp and very ache almost at all times. If I stand more than an hour I can barley walk. I am only 31, I work out daily by running, lifting weights and taking RPM (cycling class). I am afraid to go to the doc, for concerns of what they might say. Should I and should I be concerned?

determind

Asked by determind at 1:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

• why are you afraid to see a doctor?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am afraid that he will tell me something is really wrong, I can't afford tons of doc bills
    determind

Answer by determind at 3:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I had the same exact problem about 3 weeks ago. Come to find out my pelvic bone has shifted a tad. I went to the chiropractor and got realigned. The muscles are trying to compensate for being "off kilter". I was a little sore for a cpl days after I made that appt with the doc but not near as bad as I was experiencing. It's worth a shot to give 'em a shout. But, please check them out first. There have been a lot of "back crackers" are quacks.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 3:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It might be some type of arthritis. I have some of your symptoms, I also have Rheumatoid arthritis and Fibromyalgia. The only sure way to know is to go to a Dr. Whatever it maybe its better to treat it early than to let it get worse. Hope you feel better.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009