How is posting anon different than having a private profile? Why call Anon a coward when your too coward to have a public profile?

I see so many people complaining about "cowardly" Anons. Yet some of these mom's I'm noticing, have private profiles, and they don't have any photo's of themselves to share. I think it's pretty hypocritical to call anon's cowards, yet have private profiles. Obviously if you have a private profile, you are ANONYMOUS to us, regardless if you have some kind of picture as your avatar that is not you at all.

So, what is the difference might i ask?

And why do people care if someone else feels like posting anon? Why is that even an issue? It just seems incredibally lame & pointless to me to call someone out for posting anon. Don't you have a better agument to make somwhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this was me who posted...lol, didn't mean to post anon, not that it matters..haha!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I guess the only difference would be that seeing an avatar (I know a stranger) still allows people to "know" who they can reply to if they feel the need to.

I know what you are saying a flower for an avatar with no pics in their profile IS anonymity enough.

Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Amen Sister!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It is different. If your profile is private it's likely to protect any photos or information of your children form being seen by just anybody. You also have the option have setting it so that only friends can see your photos, so maybe some of them do have photos and you just can't see them. Regardless, private profiles are really for safety, I would say for the most part and you can still send those people messages unless they block you in which case they probably had a reason to. If you answer a question anon it really gives you the opportunity to say pretty much whatever you want (within the guidelines) and not have to be accountable to other members in any way shape or form. That's the difference and that's where they "cowardly" comments come from. I post anon most of the time for various reasons, so I'm not one to call other cowards for it, but that's the way I see this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Ha ha! That is pretty funny that you posted anon. LOLL

The difference between the two(i think) is

Posting anon-Allows a poster to post their opinions on certain issues on the forums that won't give their inbox slammed with hate mail.

Private Profiles-Maybe moms are really private individuals and only want those individuals they know well to view their journals, photos and daily life happenings. Also, maybe some of them aren't really how they present themselves to be and choose not to share that information unless they find individuals with similar interests.

I hope this helps. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I never thought of it that way, that's kind of funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I usually don't post Anon unless it's a very personal, sex question. That's just me. But I do have a private profile! I don't want people all up in my business. I don't feel comfortable about posting my picture or my kids pictures on ANY websites! There are way too many creepy people out there! You just never know. I'm one of the few that think Anons are "cowards". It usually doesn't bother me unless the Anon is posting Anon just to be mean or rude to others and they hide behide the Anon button. I'm sure every single person on here has posted Anon atleast once!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh sorry...I meant to say Anons ARE NOT cowards!!! Wrote that wrong!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• but posting anon is for safety too...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I RARELY post anon. The few times i have, i asked question about embarrasing stuff that most people would post anon for. Anyhow, do people REALLY get hate mail? Because i always show my face, my profile is not private & i certainly can get wiley on here. Never got a hote mail, have you?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009