My MIL is getting the H1N1 shot as soon as it comes out.

About how long should we not have contact with her after the shot? I haven't been able to find a definite yes or no answer to if it is a live or dead virus that will be in it and I don't want her to be "all diseasy shedding up in my house".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Health

• usually a week is a good amount of time to see if a person is contagious after being vaxed. That is how long we wait after my hubby gets any vax none of us has gotten sick by him since we started this practice. You should at least avoid her for 24hrs.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I hear there is supposed to be mercury in it.
    =[
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OP: I know, and they also say you shouldn't give it to the "immune compromised" and she has COPD along with several other breathing problems.. but I can't talk her out of it. I worry for her =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Ask a doctor.

I don't know of any vaccine where one has to avoid contact with others once it is received.

They can't put mercury in it. That had to be removed YEARS ago by law. duh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "They can't put mercury in it. That had to be removed YEARS ago by law. duh "

Woohoo! Another person that doesn't read the ingredients in their vaccines and has no clue what they are talking about!

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ingredients1.html Btw the mercury in vaccines goes by the trade name of thimerosal. "duh".

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Whoohoo! Another person who believes everything the media writes instead of reading actual, factual studies and going to the sources for inquiries!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The H1N1 vaccine with be packaged with a preservative called thimerisol, which contains mercury. Your medical care practitioner can order a single dose, preservative free vaccine.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009