For SAHM with 3 year olds: What is your everyday routine?

I am just wondering if there is something that I could change to better my son? If there is something I should be doing but arent? A typical bedtime for my 3 year old? Etc... Thank you very much.

ChaseMom101

Asked by ChaseMom101 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My routine is a bit flexible. We eat then do activities or watch TV. Activities includes what ever I choose and am in the mood for such as errands if neeed, outside play, something fun. Lunch and naps. When they wake up its snack time so that it is not to close to dinner. Play time/free time. I do my best to fix dinner while my kids run around like crazy chickens. Then relax time before bed like reading or bath or both. Pretty general routine for most moms.

Here are my multitasking tips: If I am out running errands, I try to coordinate a snack at that time (usually 10am or 11). It keeps them quiet while I am shopping. Before I get completely showered and have no errands, I do a messy activity like outside play first or vacuuming/housecleaning. Sound dumb? lol It is hot where I live and I sweat alot. I take a quick shower when they are napping. Hope it works out for you.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Our routines are very simple. My 3yo is my youngest so things revolve around the older kids' schedule. We're up between 6am and 7am. The older kids have to be out the door at 7:35 to walk to school. Lunch is at 11am. Snacks are at 9am and 1pm. The older kids get out at 2:30pm. Dinner is at 5pm (or around then). Bedtime right now is 8pm but could be amended to 7pm (which is what it was last year). Other then that nothing is scheduled. We just do whatever we feel like. Usually she just watches TV in the morning and plays with her blocks, does puzzles, plays with her dollhouse or spends time with my dad.
    Today she played blocks on the porch with my son's friend who is off of school today (he's 8).
    In 2 weeks she starts preschool (twice a week) and gymnastics (once a week) so things will change then.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• 6am wake up
    7am breakfast
    8am walk/stroller ride
    10am sit down activities
    11am story time
    11:30 am nap time
    1pm free time
    1:30pm lunch time
    2pm-5pm play activities whatever they feel like doing
    5 dinner
    5:30pm tv
    6:30 for some reason they play in their room
    7:30 get ready for bed story time
    8:20 sleeping
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• oh snack time is twice a day when they ask for one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009