baby born around 34 weeks???

how did it go

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my water broke, i went to the hospital, they gave me 2 steroid shots in 24 hrs, then they gave me some medicine to make my cervix dialate and gave me pitosin but my cervix was not dialating after hours & hours so because of the risk of infection when your water breaks i had a c-section. He came out breathing on his own and perfectly healthy except for an ecoli infection from my water being broken, which they gave him antibiotics for 7 days, and jawndice so they had him under the lights. he was in the NICU for 7 days and then he came home and hes almost 4 months now and hes doing great. hes perfect. =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was induced at 4:32 AM the day I turned 35 weeks. My daughter was born the next day at 6:49 AM she was barely breathing (under developed lungs) and she had a cry that sounded like a puppy wimper. She was transported to Children's Hospital in Cincinatti, Ohio where she was there for 15 days. She was intibated for 24 hours. She could breathe on her own after 24 hours with some artificial surfactin. She was then treated for jaundice. The main thing that kept her there was the whole suck swallow breathe thing. She was on a feeding tube for 13 days until she took her bottle on her own. She is now a perfectly healthy baby. Just premature and small.

Not to scare you. Lots of babies are born early an just fine. But I thought I would share my story. Good luck to you :)
    mommy514

Answer by mommy514 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son wasn't born 24 weeks, but at 27.
    He's doing marvelously - almost 15 months now. They are some delays that he's going through, and he was in the NICU as well.
    My nephew through marriage was born at 34 weeks, and he did AWESOME as well. He was in the NICU as well, they had a little scare with his heart - it didn't close up properly, but it ended up doing so in the end.

Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009