What do you think of this? 2 question at the end.

In consideration of the child being allowed to participate in the field trip, on behalf of my child, my spouse, and myself, I hereby assume all risks in connection with the field trip and I further release, discharge, and/or otherwise indemnify the diocese of Cleveland, the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, (Name of school being withheld on my part), (name of church being withheld on my part), parish,employees and volunteers from all claims, judgements, liability by or on behalf of my child, myself, my spouse for any injury or damage due to the child's participation in the field trip, including all risks connected therewith whether foreseen or unforeseen. Furthermore, I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to provide adequate health insurance for my child.

CONT...............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Doesn't matter. depending on level of law (statatue verse tort, etc.), the law may trump the waver. Gross negligence or breech of duty can still be a valid argument. They are just trying to keep the petty law suits away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The only thing I think I agree with is the last sentence.

But how is it right to make a parent responsible if something happens to your child and it's their fault, not just an accident?

Would you still let your child go on fields trips after all that has been said?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• not with the catholic church, no thanx.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OK, thank you anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• there is naturally a level of assumption of risk but any really issue like anon 1:23 said would probably be something you could take to court. They can't throw the kids down a mine and not expect to get sued because of this waiver.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 3:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009