How would you of handled this?

the other day I was walking through the mall with my husband and saw a couple of ladies walking by dressed in black and had those things over their heads (not sure what to call them). All you could see were their eyes. I think they were Muslims or whatever. Anyways, this guy working at the cell phone store yelled over from his booth to the next "the ningas are coming"! How freakin' rude that was! Don't you think? I'm not Muslim but this made me so mad that people get judged by this!
I'm thinking of writing a letter to this guys boss! My husband would'nt let me say something to him at that moment.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 2:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is very rude and you should of said something. That is not good customer serves. Just wrong. Write a letter.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would call and or write a letter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• it is mean, but at the same.. it kind of annoys me that they do that. that they bring over there customs of women being mistreated to our country, and sometimes i want to go up to them and say whats wrong with you, you dont have to do that anymore, your in america now, be proud to be a women. but making fun of them was mean. honestly though, i dont really think its your place to get this guy fired. just mind ur business. i would if i was you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would definitely write a letter. And shame on hubby for not allowing you to stick up for those women and put that salesman in his place. I'd write to the adminstrative offices at the mall as well.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• purpulbutterfly I do feel the same. I would to tell them they do not have to wear the burkhas (?) here in the U.S. But they feel a need to wear it and there is free choice so I do not do it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It sounds as if you are more aggravated by your husband's reaction of controlling you in what to do or what to let go in spite of your strong feelings about it. You are advocating for these woman rights, how about you advocate for yours at home with your husband and then write the letter if you feel so inclined to do so. Maybe after they receive the letter they may decide to do a "sensitivity training class" for their employees. I think that it was wrong, rude and pretty ignorant on the employee's part. I also think that you can stand up and speak up your mind after all this is America and your husband's opinion are his, they don't need to be yours by association.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Id have rolled my eyes as I walked by the dodohead.

I might have written a letter to the management about his behavior or I might not have. Just depends on my mood at that moment in time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• bebita...as I said we were walking by and heard this. Believe me, if the words would have come to my mind on what to say to this ignorant person without slapping him I would have! Controlling? Please!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009