I would love to start making wood crafts but where can you sell them on the internet?

How much is a table at places to sell your crafts?How do you start your own website to sell your wooden stuff?My husband says I would have more money into it than I would make, but I really love to paint stuff so I was disappointed when he said this to me. I do the painting of our props for our church plays so I got to thinking maybe I should start painting crafts and sell them. I want to make detailed wooden snowmen and cute snowmen signs but don't really know where to sell them.

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Etsy.com
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 2:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• ebay?? maybe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I use silkfair.com but I'll be honest and say I sell a LOT more in person than I have over the internet. I haven't done a fair/booth yet but I'm working on it. Good luck :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Study your local market first. Go to craft fairs and see what is already being offered and what prices they are asking. Find out what a booth or table costs at a local fair or artist's mall. Stand around and watch what people are attracted to and what they are buying. Also search online and see what is being offered and at what price. Find out what your materials will cost you. How much time must you put into painting or assembling each piece? Mailing costs, time involved in setting up and take down at a fair, places to buy the materials (wood, paints, etc) in bulk. This time of year there are many places to study before you decide what you want to do. Holiday markets everywhere. Talk to people doing what you want to do. And if you have family support the whole idea will be more fun and you will do better.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 6:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• http://www.woodcrafting.org/

They have great stuff to show for inspiration, and you can sell them there as well. Get your stock up first! Good luck!
    Seraphimred

Answer by Seraphimred at 4:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• definitely etsy.com
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 8:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Thank you so much for all of your feedback.I can't wait to get started.
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009