41 weeks... mucus plug/bloody show?

I am not asking when I am going to give birth... I know that everyone is different! I am just asking for some of your personal stories!!

Today, I am 41 weeks. Suppose to be induced today but the hospital said they are really busy at the moment and will call me when there is a free bed.

1-2 weeks ago, I lost my mucus plug... I don't have any doubts that it wasn't my plug. Over the last 3-4 days, I have been losing a LOT more of my plug- tons of thick/stringy mucus.

Well today, my pelvis has been VERY sore and my lower back. I am losing so much more of my plug that its coming out in clumps/just dripping out (mucus, not my water).

WELL... the last hour or so the mucus has had some blood in it. I would imagine this is the start of my 'bloody show'?

In your experience(s)... how much longer til you went into labor? All the info..... last week I was about 3-4cm dilated, 50-75% effaced, and stage 0.

Thanks!

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 2:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i just had my bab girl 4 days ago and i was 40 weeks and 5 days.. so we are almost alike except i was dialated only 1 cm for 3 weeks and my mucus plug came out over a period of days, and then about a week later.. i started having contractions after walking a hour and having sex.. keep in mind this is my second pregn. and i went to the hosp and they made me walk for another hour then i dialated to 3 cm.. well good luck what number pregn is this for you?
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 2:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i lost mine over 3 days starting on thursday and then had my son on monday. started early labor sunday night and active labor monday morning, had him monday evening. i think it was a blessing they were too busy to induce today. you should just hold out a few more days and your baby will come on his/her own!!!!!!!! good luck!!!!! :D
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I saw my doctor on a Wednesday, at which point I was at "maybe a 1", not effaced, and the baby was still high. On Friday morning, I lost my plug. Friday afternoon, my hips started hurting in waves, not intense pains just achy, but I likened it to "hip labor" (not that I've ever heard of that happening to anyone else...). Then Saturday, starting when I woke up and going all day, I kept losing more of plug like what you're describing, and most of it was tinged with blood. I went into labor Saturday night, it started very suddenly, went from nothing to contractions 2 minutes apart in the space of an hour.

With my first, I lost my plug at 36 or 37 weeks, and no labor by my C-section appt. at 39 weeks, but also none of the excessive bloody show like what happened with my second. So I couldn't say for sure that that definitely means labor, but it seems like it may be likely.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• From being 4 cm & 80% effaced (+2 station, I dont know when I was at 0 station) it was 3 1/2 weeks til my induction. So it wasnt any time soon:(

BUT... looking at all your symptoms and how they are increasing, my assumption will be that you will have a possitive induction once it happens:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I went to 41 weeks, 0 days with my last baby. It was a spontaneous labor, no induction.
    I only started out with contractions that grew over time, no other signs at all.
    (*And I never had any cervix checks so I have no idea where I was inside.)

When I was in transition (probably almost completely dilated), I lost my plug & show.
    When I was pushing baby's head out my water broke.

Letting that labor start on it's own, whenever that happened to be, was sooo much smoother than the previous induced labor. I think it's so nice to let everything line up and go on it's own! :-)
    Your body is showing that it's working on it. Your on your way, no need to induce!

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009