Can you believe this doctor???

My friend's OB doctor needs to be reported. The sign in her office says "No food or drink" and the doctor has told my friend at least TWO times that the sign also pertains to BABIES!!! She was feeding her less than 3 month old infant and this doctor trips on her about this!!! It's a one doctor practice and my friend feels she was definitely treated differently because she's on Medicaid (for the 1st time). Where can this doctor be reported? This is ridiculous!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well... its his practice so it may be that he can do what he wants to.. i wouldnt go back though
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 2:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• DHH or DSS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would guess he can have whatever rules he wants at his office - pick a different OB

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Office of Professional Medical Conduct

Remember that it is his office if you don't like it your can always find a new one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• try bbb.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• All stores and doctors have their own REGULATIONS. Not all of them are legal either. Just like at walmart, ur asked for you receipt upon exiting the store, but you are not required by law to provide it and if they try to force it, they are harrassing you. Get a new OB and forget it. There are jerkwads everywhere. Personally if it was me and I was told not to feed my child or give them a bottle I wouldve dumped it on the floor and walked out. Or, I wouldve said kiss my butt cuz I can give my baby a bottle where ever I please and if you want to stop me call the cops
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm actually in SHOCK at the few responses received here! I believe like 5 out of 7 responses said doctors can have their own rules????? WHAT? How would YOU feel if YOU AND YOUR CHILD were treated this way? It didn't even happen to me and yet I find it ridiculous!!!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would love for a doctor to tell me that. I am currently breastfeeding my 8 month old son. If a doctor don't want him to have his food or drink then he can't have me in his office.

I have seen these signs before but it has never pretained to babies. I wouldn't go back to see him.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009