Healthcare activist bites off finger of counter-demonstrator, authorities say

Are you friggin kidding me here? This cannot be what this is coming to.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/09/health-care-activist-bites-off-the-finger-of-a-counter-demonstrator.html

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 2:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So my understanding of the whole thing was that the Obamacare supporter crossed the street toward the non-supporters and deliberately singled out an old guy for an argument. Then the supporter dragged the old man into the street and argued some more and then bit off the old man's finger as the man tried to get away. The old man went to a nearby hospital and some other non-supporters found the guy's finger and called 911 and were given the directions to the nearest hospital where the old man may have gone. They found him there and gave him his finger back. Idk how much of that is true, it was on the blog, but it's supposed to be an account from someone that was there. It's sick and I can't believe some Obamacare supporters think they can get away with crap like that.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• So they don't say if the loony was for or against reform lol. Must have been a lefter that bite off the guys finger cause if it was a "right -wing" nut it would be posted everwhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• They guy on a news program this morning said that the guy who got his finger bitten off was against UHC. (I am trying to find out more info) I think the post states that the biter was a health care activist.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It was a supporter that bit the finger off of a non-supporter.
    It's sad that this sparks so much emotion and violence in people, but I do think we'll see worse before it's over
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Anon 1:59 here
    Really??? A lefter BIT a righter! OMG that is priceless! I hope the guy got to keep the tip of his finger. Has anyone heard any more about it? That is soooo crazy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• People have lost their damned minds. I hope he thinks it was worth it while he is sitting his crazy ass in jail awaiting arraignment. I wonder how he will explain this one to the wife and kids. What a flippin' loser.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Well you guys know the far left can hardly protest without getting violent. It has happened time and again. The only thing that changes is what they are protesting.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Thats the looney left for ya.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OMG!!!! here is the link for anyone interested:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/sep/03/healthcare-reform-opponent-loses-part-of-finger/

I lived not even two blocks from where this happened!  How funny.  It's a very conservative area, so I am not surprised that there were people opposed to the reform bill out there.  It's a really busy intersection leading into a residential area, but right off the freeway. 

Looks like the finger biter got away for now, but I sure hope he gets caught.  Even though the old guy threw the first punch, it didn't excuse the biting off of a finger.   

LOL, I swear some Californians are nuts.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OKAY, SO ALL THIS TIME THE PROTESTERS HAVE BEEN LABELED AS ANGRY MOBS, OUT OF CONTROL, AND EVEN SO FAR AS BEING CALLED TERRORISTS, AND RACIAL, BUT YET NO ONE HAS BEEN HURT AND HERE WE HAVE A SUPPORTER OF THE UHC BITTING OFF SOMEONES FINGER ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009