Moms with secondary school students.

I have a question for all moms with kids in highschool,grade 7 to 11 or 12 as the case may be. Do you pay school fees for your kids and if you don't mind telling me how much you pay and where you live. I appreciate your info, as I pay what I concider a steep price for grade 7 (highschool in Montreal Canada). Thank you.

BooBear666

Asked by BooBear666 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• We live in Ontario and pay about $650 per year.  

When did they start wearing uniforms?  I went to school in Mtl and never had to wear a uniform (mind you that was years ago lol).  Consider yourself lucky, here the kids need to do 40 hours of community service or they can't graduate.  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter is in a 6 year high school. The fees run about $350 a year (not including gym clothes, bus pass, year book)

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Indiana. $189.00 for 9th grade.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh that's just for book rental and consumable books. There were a few other fees, $65.00 athletics fee, lunches, planner, field trips fee and a few others.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my kids go to public school and i never knew you had to pay any fees unless they were in private school, and even then, i thought it was just the anual tuition
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Do your kids wear a school uniform? in our city all english high schools wear a school uniform, and get suspended if they don't wear it. My kids are in public school. I wouldn't be able to afford the 1100$ fees for a private school here.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• wow guys. I have a 7 and 10 graders and all I paid was 5 each for locker rental. What kind of feed are you all paying?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• We paid. 300 for inial reg fees ther will be approx 350 more for sports AP tests etc later in the year. My 7th grade fees were around 150. We are in utah
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Here we don't pay any fees - we buy school supplies (pens, paper, lock for locker, etc), but no "fees." What are they for?

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009