2 year old & christmas

my son will just be turning 2 this christmas. He has enough toys to last him till he's 3, so i don't want to buy something that will just be thrown aside like the other 100 toys he has, so what do i get him? Any great ideas that isn't a toy. I konw im going to get him some books, but i want him to have at least a couple things to open. What are you getting for your 2 year old?

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 3:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I DID BOOKS. MY SON GOT SO MANY BOOKS WE HAD TO BUY A 2ND SHELF. HE GOT SHOES AND CLOTHES. BUT HE DID GET ALOT OF TOYS AS WELL. I TOLD HIM THAT SANTA TOLD ME THAT HE HAS TOO MUCH TOYS AND HE NEEDS TO GIVE THEM TO LITTLE KIDS WHO DONT HAVE MANY TOYS. SO I ASKED IF I COULD TAKE A BAG IN HIS ROOM , HE SAID NO -- HE WANTED TO. AND HE STILL DOES IT TO THIS DAY. HELL RANDOMLY PICK SUMTHIN UP AND ASK TO GIVE IT TO A LITTLE BOY WHO LIKES W/E IT IS.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Honestly, I'm not really getting my daughter anything untill after xmas. I'm going to see what she gets and then go shopping. If she gets a ton of toys, then I will get her clothes. If she gets clothes, I will get her one or two toys. I like to take my daughter to the store and let her pick out what she wants.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am putting money into her college account, like I do with every "special event."
    He will have more fun with the wraping paper and bows, so buy him some clothes, etc things that he needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Last year for my son's birthday, I got him a beanbag chair. He is just now growing into it, at 23 months, but he loves to play on it! I would recommend that. We got one from Pottery Barn and got his name embroidered on it. He loves to take a running start and fall on to it...and on occasion, he actually does use it for a chair! ;)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009