I am wondering if I am overly sensitive to this problm. My neighbor visits w/her 2 obnox. kids. W/in 2 seconds they always need to use my bathr. They live 1 house away.

I feel they just want to go in to be noisy, want to see my pets/stuff etc. They also cant keep their hands off of anything as well. It is always a production too, they all have to come in, then the one goes, then the other always has to. It seems like a 10 min bathroom ordeal. I am usually outside gardening, mowing doing projects etc. I always have to stop what I am doing to deal w/this. I hate it. My husb thinks I am over reacting. I feel that if I was doing something than that is too bad, go home and go to the bathroom. Its not like they live 5 min away. Any comment would help, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Next time tell them to run home and go because you're busy working. Or tell their mom to make sure they go before they come down to play.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Tell them you are too busy to stop what you are doing and your bathroom is out of order and to go home to use theirs....
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If thats how you feel then you aren't overreacting. Say what you are feeling. You don't like them using your bathroom and touching your stuff, say it.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• set your boundaries. nothing wrong with that. learn to say no or else you'll never have boundaries in anything. once you can do it here it gets easier.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• maybe they just like your bathroom. I would take it as a compliment. Kids are wierd, & they over step boundaries if you allow them. I guarantee, if you tell them that they can go to their house to use the bathroom, that they would.

I would say in a silly voice "your bathroom is right over there silly" pointing at their house. They will get the picture.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Next time I would speak up and say "sorry I am right in the middle of gardening. If you have to go to the bathroom then go home and use yours."
    I would talk to the mom and say something like "I have noticed that Susie always has to use the bathroom when she comes over. Maybe next time she should go before she comes over? I really don't like to have other people use my bathroom and get into my things".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009