Would you pay for all day kindergarten if it's not offered for free?

I have a child who I think would benefit more from all-day kindergarten, but it's $2,800 for the year. He's had a year and a half of preschool already. If he went for the free half days, he'd go for 2 1/2 hrs. 5 days a week. @ PreK he went 3 hrs. 3 days a week. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in

• i wouldnt do it
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 3:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would probably do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't think it would be worth it...
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't do it. but can i ask what school doesn't have full kindergarden days? here kindergarden is full days, and preschool is half days. unless you're talking about private school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• The local schools where I live only have half day kindergarten. . We live in a small town in Washington State, right off one of the bigger cities. Basically there is the big city, then like 8 smaller communities around it, and about half of them offer half day, and about half of them offer full day..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would home school him for the year because it would give him longer to expore, discover, and imagine. He can still learn the same things he would in Kindergarten, but he could learn about what interests him at the same time. Once you get into public school, most of it is about remembering facts and not enough emphasis is put on thinking for yourself. He's young enough that it wouldn't hurt him to put off remembering facts for a while.

Not to mention, much cheaper!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• if i had the money yes i would!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you can afford, go for it! In our city, it costs almost $1,000 for full day kindergarten so yours is a good deal.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• BTW, I wouldn't do it just because we don't even plan to send our kids to preschool so why spend money for full day kindergarten. My two girls are doing fine in 2nd and 1st grades now without going to preschool neither full day kindergarten. We're not planning to send our youngest boy to go to preschool for now.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't know....It would all depend if we could afford it.
    MyGirlParadise

Answer by MyGirlParadise at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

Next question in
Asking homeschoolers...

Next question overall (Pets)
great dane or lab?