feeling not so creative...

my daughter will be 5 weeks on saturday. this many sound silly but sometims i just dont know how to entertain her. what types of things do u suggest? its too hot in so cal to go for a stroller walk..its like 90+ out and id die. im home alone with her and sometimes just dont know what to do. i know she likes music a lot but doesnt dig the swing all that much. she cries after a lil while. ahhh...suggestions ladies?? :)

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 5 weeks, you should really have to "entertain" her. .
    We read to my DD a lot, we still do.
    Sorry I am kind of confused by the question, maybe she is just a lot more awake than mine ever was. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• aww...the part mom's don't tell you about...the first couple boring months. here's what i say you do.. keep the house clean, enjoy the time she spends sleeping, cuz once she starts crawling, in about 5-6 months, you won't have a clean house anymore! don't worry about being creative. when she's awake and you have time to play, just play peekaboo,pretend to eat her toes, fingers, belly, tickle her...not much she'll be interested in at 5 weeks though. there is much more to do when they get older
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Sing to her.
    Give her a baby massage.
    Play this little piggy. [ my daughter loves this]
    Blow raspberries on her tummy, legs, cheeks.
    Read her stories.

Just some suggestions.
    My DD loves all of these things.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• thank you :) ya some days shes awake a lot. thats why i ask lol....
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• 5 months is hard, they are still learning their senses. Anything that she can touch that has different tecture or sound to it, is good. The music is great, kids who are exposed to music young tend to use parts of the brain that non-musical people don't use.

Talking to her is good too, let her hear your voice. I used to sing to my girl all the time, i like to sing though. Any kind of interaction is good for baby's. I'm not that good at being "goo goo gaa gaa" & all silly like some moms are. I was just very verbal w/ my daughter. She did not like swings either. She just wanted to be held, which i was fine w/. Anyhow, good luck! & don't stress yourself too much. 5 weeks is very young to "entertain" they're still getting used to this world.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2009