Will my son get hurt if I put him in a toddler bed?

Will he roll off or wake up and crawl off the edge? He is 12.5 months and we are getting this really cute noah's arc bed from a friend. Since we are moving in 2 weeks I wanted to maybe just put his crib away and use the new bed. Is it too soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go for it. i put my daughter in one when she was a year and she did fine. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• can he walk? if so, it's not too soon. has he ever fell off the couch? if so, then you know he'll be fine. it's too close to the floor for it to do any damage. my son has fallen out of so many things, including his bed, just a couple times from his bed, cried for a minute and then was right back to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It would be too soon for me, but I know a lot of moms do move their babies at that age. Could you hold off on putting away the crib and use both in his room for a while? Maybe you could try the big bed for naps at first and see how it goes.

The Noah's Ark bed is adorable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Your son probably will fall out of the bed...most toddlers will when they get into the bed. You can certainly try to move him to a toddler bed. THe AAP recommends to keep them in a crib much longer than 12 months, though, unless they start climbing out of a crib.

And, not saying your child will get hurt, but toddlers CAN get hurt by falling out of the bed....
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I moved mine at 13 mos.. she LOVES it! She fell out the first night, and since then hasn't. It's a couple inches off the ground and she didn't even cry! I opened her door and saw her fall out, get up and climb back in! She stays in her bed all night or until she is awake and comes to get me (usually after 6 am).
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My dd was about 15 months when we moved her. My twins are almost two (next month) and I have yet to move them. But we are going straight to twin bed with bed rails. We haven't been able to afford beds yet so we are waiting. They have started climbing out of their play pens.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009