Please Read & Answer if you could! Thanks for your opinions!

i just gave birth eleven and a half weeks ago to baby #2 & just this past week and a half, i've been getting cramps, headaches and nausea...felt like i was getting my period but also felt like that before i had my babies. so i took a home p.t. and there definitely was a line there but very faint. i wonder if my HORMONE LEVELS could still be there from my PREVIOUS PREGNANCY or could this be baby #3 on the way already? anyone experience this before and what was your outcome? i will wait another week and see if i get my period or not, if not...next friday i will test again. (haven't got my period back yet either, -- i am breastfeeding, but, I do supplement with formula 8 ounces a day.---so, i did think i ovulated 2 weeks ago, just from the discharge I had. My husband and I were using the withdrawl technique and I know that's only 70-80% effective (my OB said)...so no bashing please, as I wait, I'd like to know other experiences

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• also, what's so bizarre, is I told my husband, "if we do it, I have a feeling I will get pregnant with a girl...it was such a random thing I said...it just popped up so quickly in my mind.....and then about a week later, i experience these symptoms, without even thinking about what i told my husband...just remembered about it now. weird huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• so i'm wondering because the h.p.t. says that if you had a recent pregnancy, it can show a false positive because of the hormones still being in you --- well, i wonder what the window, the time frame is??? anyone know?? is almost 12 weeks post delivery hormones still in me?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If you don't get a period go to the Dr & do a blood test to know for sure.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My mom got pregnant really quick. I heard it's very easy to get pregnant right after birth so you have to be super careful. GL.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would guess you are pregnant. Women who have miscarriages do not have hormones in them 12 weeks. So I would guess the same would apply to a pregnancy! If it were me I would be calling my OB-GYN and scheduling an appointment!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• oh sweetie, my guess is that you are prego again. HCG levels dont leave your body right at birth but I would assume they are gone within 12 weeks. So... I would make a doctors appt but my guess is that you are are prego and that your babies will be close in age because you would be at least 4 weeks pregnant
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• As far as I know your hcg levels drop to below 5 after a few weeks. At 12 weeks PP you are probably getting an accurate result and I would guess you are preggo again. See your doctor to be sure and good luck!!!
    funlovinmama82

Answer by funlovinmama82 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009