Do you have to manage the money in your house?

Is SO terrible with money? How do u handle it? Give him an allowance? Does it cause problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• we do OK. We never make any large purchases w/ out talking about it. We seem to work out our finances very well w/ eachother. We're both very frugal.

But, i have stuff that i pay, & he has stuff that he pays. But we share an account. For instance, it's my responsibility to pay for phone, gas & electricity. It's his job to be responsible for credit cards, rent, insurance & some other stuff.

But, after bills, we talk about what we want to buy. And during Christmas/birthday time, we have a set limit at what we spend. It seems we work it our pretty good.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My hubs and I keep separate accounts. His pay goes in his account, my paycheck goes in my account. We have divided up the bills, he has certain ones he pays, I have ones I pay. We do help each other out sometimes-- like if he wants something or needs $ I will give it to him, and he will do the same. We do consult each other when we are thinking of making a major purchase, and do not buy (major things) without the other's consent.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I have to and it does cause problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009