Have you seen the movie "The Happening"? (PIOG)

The worls is over populated, and humans are destroying everything, so the plants "kill" everyone.

I understand it is absolutely horrible to have someone close die, but it is necessary. Did you ever think that maybe cancer, AIDS, swine flu, ect. are ways of down sizing the population? I don't really know how to say this w/o sounding like a total nazi bitch. Just, instead of trying to cure everything people need to let it go. I think disease happens because it is someone's time to go.

Sorry to offend, but what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting perspective. Totally understand that pandemics do this, but I am pretty positive we cannot reduce the loss of people to: well hey, it was their time to go.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• popcorn

pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Wow... If that was the case then the people with the knowledge and ability to make vaccines would never have been born. See God knows your future before you do so he knew people would be born with the ability to find cures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'va had discussions like this before. LOL, my fiance believs that god made some gay for population control, he said it's all part of gods plan...lol! But, i have had discussions about what you are specifically talking about also.

No one can really decide when it's someon's time to go. Yes, people become diseased, but people also become cured.

If your child came down w/ a curable deadly virus, would you choose to let nature take it's course & let your child die? Would you really just let it go?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If it was you, your family or loved one, or hell, even your own CHILD, would you still be saying the same thing? Highly doubt it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Not worth talking about.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm not talking about babies and kids. This is like.... people over the age of 60.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OP the things you are listing effect all ages. AIDS kills babies, Swine Flu kills babies, and so does cancer ya know Childhood Leukemia. This is the dumbest question if you think it doesn't effect kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• people over 60 don't want to die either. they will do what it takes to extend their life. I get your point, but I'm surprised that you would actually insinuate to let someone over 60 die because they are diseased, & that it's good for population control.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Nah. I don't believe in that sort of thing. I think diseases are just nature's way of telling us "You fucked up!" But I don't think nature intentionally places things like that in our way for population control.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009