help with 2 year old

i watch a 2 year old he is mostly good and doesnt misbehave but TIME his mother knock on the door it is like a light switch he is SO bad hitting throwing and pitching a fit hitting his mom and all she doesn't do anything or say anything to him for doing this today i had him my 4 year old and her friend they were playing at the table with play doh and playing really good for 10 mins time his mom came in the door he slung the play doh and all the tools for the play doh on the floor and started kicking and screaming and his mom just gives in time she sees him asking me whats wrong with him and she don't understand what the problem is today i did say ok no more play doh for you we don't act that way his mom said to me in a mean way "What did he do" i said he threw everything on the floor...."He was fine till you knocked on the door" then she still gives in to him saying oh its ok you can play with the play doh and it still don'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• op IT still don't work b/c he did the same thing again How would you handle him acting like this everyday??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Is he good all day for you? If so, I'd continue to be in charge of his behavior when his mother arrives so she can see how you handle him (since she apparently puts up with his crap). Besides, it's still your house your rules. Maybe they can both learn something from you.

If the mother comes to pick him up at a consistent time each day maybe you could start having him clean up his toys/activities before she arrives and have him sitting doing something quiet when his mother gets there.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OP---yes he is good for me all day that why it makes me so mad b/c its just like he goes crazy when they come yesterday i had them just sitting looking at books and when she came he threw one and ripped another he is even bad for her one time she changed his diiaper before he would not lay down for nothing she asked so what do you do when he does this and i said um he has never acted that way for me....i hate how he knows he can get away b/c she is here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009