What color paint should I use in my new house?

We are moving to a new house. It's just a rental so I don't really want to go all-out on it. The carpet is a dark green and I don't really know what to do with it. I was thinking:

~Baby's room will be light green, maybe with a stick on border of cars or animals. Something for a little boy to grow into.

~Livingroom will be off-white or kind of a very light yellow or tan

~Our room has the wood paneling on the walls so I want to leave it white because colors look kind of dumb on the panels. Maybe around the top of the "regular" not paneled wall I could do a brown and blue wave pattern?(to match our comforter set)

What do you think? Other ideas are VERY much welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Here is what I'm thinking about doing:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• well first off maybe you could buy samples of the paint first because what looks good to you right now, might not look good together on the wall, and what if you don't have the bedding that long anyway? something else wouldn't match necessarily, we are going through paint swatches right now ourselves but for the exterior I bought the samples for 2.95 each color at home depot and actually painted a spot of each color on the wall and compared to other samples, not sure of colors for you though everyone has different tastes, good luck!
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• since it's a rental, why not make your own decals for the walls? That way you don't have to deal with painting.

Just grab a pic of the image you want, blow it up to size and trace the outline on contact paper. Cut it out and apply to your walls.

As your son grows, you can change the decals much faster and easier than paint and wallpaper to suit his tastes.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2009