My almost 3 year old keeps saying her head hurts!

My dd is almost 3 and for the past few days she has been saying that her head hurts- and grabbing her forehead- sometimes she starts crying from the pain. She went to the doc on monday and they did some stool samples b/c she has been having a lot of diarreah too- and the results have not come back yet. She is not dehydrated. I dont like to see her in pain- just wondering if anyone else has been thru this- and what was it? Thanks in advance!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 10:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I suggest you set up another appoinment with her Doctor.
    Headaches can mean several things... Dehydration, Allergies, Sinus infection, and more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• I would call your Dr office and let them know...especially seeing they had already seen her this week. It could be related to the diarrhea. Good Luck!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• my oldest had headaches when he was a toddler. Turns out he had sinus infections. It's tough because they can't always tell you what or how it hurts. Mine had no diarrhea at these times though.This same child began having migraines at 5.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• The underlying cause is probably something to do with her diet. Don't just reat symptoms. Make sure she is get plenty of fruit and raw food. If you are feeding her crap it will affect her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• Has she had her eyes checked?
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• Greysan complains on a regular basis of headaches as well I have taken her to the Dr. but they cannot find anyhting to be causing it??
    tashbrd23

Answer by tashbrd23 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2008

• She eats a healthy diet- lots of fruit and veggies (except not fruit right now except bananas b/c of the diarreah). She eats mostly grilled meats, pasta, very good things. She does not eat "CRAP" all of the time like one answer suggested. I have not thought about her eyes- if it persists, that could be something to look into. She does not have a runny nose or anything suggesting a sinus infection. It is probably related to the diarreah, even tho she is not dehydrated from it. I did speak with the doctor and he said give her tylenol- plenty of fluids and rest, and to Check back after the weekend if it still persists. Thanks to most of you for your advice. If you are going to make rude comments- please dont answer anonymously- that seems kind of unhelpful to me. Just dont anwser. Thanks agian ladies for the great responses!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 4:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2008

• This seems like kind of a simple answer, but has she been wearing her hair up in a pony tail alot lately? My head starts to hurt when I wear my hair up, especially if it's too tight. Also have her eyes checked, as someone else said. I hope she gets to feeling better!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2008

• You can try a chiropractor. If her neck in out of alignment it can cause headaches. It helped my headaches in just a couple of days. Kids of all age go to chiropractors. My youngest started at 1 year old.
    aldommom

Answer by aldommom at 3:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• if an eeg is done and nothing else works allergy tests, i use to have headaches from long hair.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 12:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2008