Ex wife wont change name back

My SO's ex wife (they were only married 8 months before she started running around) wont change her name back. His family is very upset that she is running around town taking lewd pics and still has his last name. I know it doesnt really relfect on them, but it is a small town. Can he do anything about it? He is afraid if he says anything she will keep it longer just to spite him...but it has been a yr and she has been through numerous boyfriends....so i think it is just not a priority to her. Would this bug u? What can he do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No it wouldn't bug me. There is nothing he can do it is her legal name doesn't matter that they got divorced

Do they have kids together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• LOL he can't do anything. It's her name now. Maybe he should have gotten to know her better before he married her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It wouldn't bug me but since i've never been in this position I guess I can't really voice my opinion. Two of my uncle's ex's both kept their married last names after their divorce but we still get along great with one of them. I still call her auntie to this day so I guess that would be different. I don't think there is really anything they can do to get her to change it, other then ask her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Unfortunately there is nothing he can do, My hubby's ex didn't change her name, I barely found this out when my stepdaughter was applying for financial aid, and I was upset about it, I don't know why but I told my husband I wanted to change my name back because I didn't want to share a name with her, (same situation sort of --small town, she is a drug addict, and was committing fraud, and stealing cars )
    Anonymous

• so? if it's a small town then they should know what's really going on. why does it matter anyway? my dad's got 2 ex wives and they both kept his last name, and a 3rd ex might be on the way. don't know if she'll keep it or not...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• (i'm anon :41) I know many women who have gotten divorced and changed their name back, but it does cost money and she was/is a trashy ho bag (excuse my french) so I know she can't afford it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If I got divorced there would be no way in hell I'd keep the married name, I would go back to my maiden name, if you can't hold on to the marriage, why hold on to the name?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• my dh's did that and they weren't even legally married....I guess they considered that commom law....he always says " well we wen't married and I say " well tell her that" ....she still uses it....
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My MIL kept her 2nd husband's name for 16 years untill she re-married. She just never bothered to change it back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• well this doesnt apply to me since i never changed my name in the first place, but pretending that i did if i had kids with the man i probably wouldnt change it, or like her it would take me forever to change it because i hate paperwork that i cant just fax in!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009