Why would anyone choose to have a c-section?

I'm not talking about medically necessary c-sections, I'm talking about women who can have a vaginal birth (or at least give it a try) but choose to have a c-section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably because they are putting their interests ahead of the babies. (I don't want to call names~ but I suppose, when you really look at it, it's for selfish reasons.)

But that doesn't mean those moms are hideous beasts!
    I really think that a lot of women think it's just as safe, that their doctors opinions are good, that they don't know better, that they have fears.

It is hard to understand for those who've had such beautiful vaginal birth experiences, but we're not all "at the same place" at the same time, emotionally. If a woman is afraid and told a cesarean can solve her problems then she might take that bait.

HOPEFULLY, women will do enough research to change things, make healthier choices for their children's sake~ and their own.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• selfish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• cause they lazy lol j/k some ppl just are scared of having a natural birth i dont blame them
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• cuz they love to have a ugly scar and the change of dying or having a little souvernier left in theri belly. am talking about first time moms who request a c-section butwhat ai think is caused thet are a bunch of pussies!!! yeah it hurts but a c-section hurts a lot worse and the pain last alot longer. i understand getting a c-section cuz baby is to big, wrong position , medical emergency or a previous c-section but just cuz they are afraid to push or for their vagina to be brokenis jsut stupid
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Geez some peeps need a good old shot of Prozac!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would never choose to have a C-Section. I had an emergency C-Section after thirty hours of hard labor and would never voluntarily have that kind of surgery. People act like it's nothing anymore and it is a MAJOR surgery. It's been over a year since I had my daughter and I still have very little abdominal strength. I wanted a natural birth more than anything and wasn't able to have one, and I just can't imagine someone choosing to be cut open for no reason other than "vanity."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't get it?!?!?!!?! I would never request a C-Section, that shit is scary looking, I didn't feel much of anything giving birth with an epidural, but I don't want my body opened and things being pulled out of me, it should be for emergencies only.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I had both- natural child birth 3 times and the last a c-section cause frankly I felt like I was too old to handle a natural birth and because my partner was not emotionally there to support me. He caould never have handled a vaginal birth- so it was less stress on my body being an older Mom and less stress worrying about my partner losing it in the hospital. My baby is healthy. I think it is great when u have support for a vaginal birth- I did for my first 3 kids, but the Dad of the 4th is on anti-anxiety meds. that wear off too soon- so it was a better choice for me- I had enough tto worry about and wanted to focus on the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Because informed consent doesn't exist in obstetrics. Women aren't getting the true risks of cesarean section, frankly. Or they understand the risk of complications and death of both mother and baby and just don't care, sadly.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Because I had twins and it was VERY possible due to the position of the babies that I would end up delivering one vaginally and one through c-section. Call me selfish, but most women don't have to consider healing from TWO places after deliver on top of lifting, nursing and carrying TWO babies afterwards. I chose the section because it was less stressful on my body and I could better care for my children right after delivery.

I doubt my reply changes any of the previous posters ASSumptions about selfish women chosing a c-section though. Thanks for the opportunity to let bitter hags judge others OP! ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009