is it okay to feel mad at your sister for having a baby soon after you?

My older sister got pregnant a few months after me. When my baby was born he was the center of attention. but now that my sister has had her baby it seems like he has taken everybodys attention. I feel like my son has been replaced in other peoples lives.

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Your being petty and childish. As your kids grow together they will both get attention. to want your child to get all the attention is petty and very childish.

Answer by vbruno at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes. I sure do know how u feel..My brother which is 2 years younger than me just had a baby, and now my mom and dad give my nephew all the attention and spend more time with him than with my children.. Your son is not being replaced it's just that the new baby will get more attention.. but it won't last very long..I guess it's like that for everyone once they have a new baby in the family.. Don't worry or stress yourself over this it's just a little phase..

Answer by Maggie251 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• That happens alot to families in that situation. Just remember each child that was just born is special in their own way to the family.

Answer by momat38 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It's OK to feel a little jealous, but you shouldn't. You're starting your family... she's starting hers. It's going to be GREAT that your child will have a cousin to play with at family gatherings. You & your sister can share stories & go to each other for advice and stuff. Don't stress... I'm sure your family still loves you and your baby very much.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Wow!! For real?!?! Grow up. It's not all about you.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It's ok to feel that way.. I think.. yeah it sounds childish but WE ALL GO THROUGH HORMONES!!! I wish women would remember that!!! I felt that my son didn't love me and that he might love my MIL more than me because this or that... it was just a hormone issue .. now I KNOW he loves me and KNOW he knows who mama is.. just like you'll see that your child will be loved just the same as hers... I am currently preggos with my second child and I felt that she is already getting more attention than my son just because she is a girl.. AND SHE'S MINE!! lol.. so I completely understand where you are coming from.. HORMONES!!

Answer by Joqui at 8:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• vbruno with her nastiness again.
    I would try to not let it get to me. Everyone loves babies & I am sure your child has not been replaced