Should I be worried- my 14 month old baby wont eat alot of table food?

My brothers baby is 2 months younger and eats everything they eat. I offer it to my son and he is very picky. He still prefers jared baby food. He drinks 3 bottles/ sippy cups of milk a day and 1 of juice and he likes those baby snacks and he eats yoguart. My brothers baby eats alot of table food and now they say next week they are not buying anymore baby food in the jars, or toddler food that all he is going to eat is table food now. I worry about my baby being such a picky eater- I try to offer him alittle of new foods but he usually throws it on the floor. Is it ok to continue with baby food and just keep trying new foods alittle at a time like I have been doing or should I stop baby food cold turkey like my brother? I just want him to get enought to eat- he is so picky with table foods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stick with your current approach. Offer lots of different table foods with different textures and see what works. Keep with the baby food (I assume you're using Stage 3 that have more texture to them?) to balance things out nutritionally. Some kids just take longer to get use to table foods. You might also mention it to your doctor at his next checkup and see what he/she has to say.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2009