headbutting everything

my son who is about to be 17 months. Everytime i tell him no or take something away that he cant have he will walk over to the closes thing and hit his head on it tell he in pain and i move him away and he will just keep it up. has anyone gone through this and if so please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yea, just let him head butt the thing. He's not going to seriously hurt himself. It's a fit, plain an simple. When my kids did that I just walked away, even if they hurt themselves a little
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• For some reason my DD slaps herself in the face when I tell her no sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it.
    jazzminesun

Answer by jazzminesun at 5:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son head butts the dog but thats excitement mostly. However, when my son hears NO there is a few things he does including hit himself. I just try to discourage him from the self damaging behaviors. Since I have been diagnosed with 2 mental disorders my therapist has told me to keep a close watch on him. So I air on the side of "its a kid thing" but just keep your eye on him. Dont be afraid to ask your doctor!
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 1:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2009