Offer to pay

Im back into the dating scene, at 41. On a first date, should I offer my part of the bill?

Thalie

Asked by Thalie at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• a REAL gentlemen does NOT ask you on a date then expect you to pay for yourself! thats ridiculous, when you guys have been dating for awhile i would say that taking turns is nice and to be expected....now i would say that if you go to a movie after or something, that you could offer to buy snacks or pay for movie tickets....but if your only doing dinner, i wouldnt be so quick to offer to pay, it defeats the real treat of a date. it feels nice to be taken out, and taken care of.....try to get the whole experience
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If he grabs it first don't worry about it, if there's hesitation when the bill comes, then yes. I'm traditional I say no really. Good Luck!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• If thats what you feel comfortable with. If he offers to pay and you really like him I wouldn't snub him and pay your part but it's all about your comfort level. I wouldn't want to let him pay and then feel obligated to go out with him again, etc.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009