Im going back to work...should i find a daycare first or a job first?

Im getting ready to find a job so should I find a job first or get day care lined up? We cant afford daycare for a long time before I get a job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that's a hard one.....

how much commute can you handle,. etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't have my boys in day care, but i have worked at many throughout our area. Have you checked to see if you quality for assistance through any programs for help with the tuition?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Talk to different centers. See what type of openings they have and how long of a wait it could be. They can give you good ideas of how much time they will need before hand to ensure your spot. You can try home day care too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would interview centers now and ask them about their waiting lists so you can screen them ahead of time. Have a few options. Then when you find a job, you've already checked them out and if you have a few you like one of them's bound to have a spot open.
    jazzminesun

Answer by jazzminesun at 5:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would go around to different daycares 1st,just so u know ur options.and there hours
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You'll need a job to pay for the daycare.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009