Did you know this?

American is the only industrialized country that does NOT have universal or national health care. Even Kenya has it. Yes most European countries pay 50% of their income to taxes. But what do you need that money for when all medical expenses of any form are taken care of? You realize you can go to England, get hurt, and they will cover the bill 100%. Why is it only in America is health care seen as a privilege instead of a right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am beyond words.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am beyond words.

this exactly
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am beyond words.

this exactly

Make that three of us!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• But what do you need that money for when all medical expenses of any form are taken care of?

Rent, heat, electricity, water, food, shoes, clothes, transportation, savings so I have something to live on since social security will be nothing but a dim memory before I'm 50, let alone 67.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• What are the odds OP still lives with her parents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Not that I am against Universal Healthcare, but did you know England, Canada, France hate their Universal programs. However, everytime it has come to vote for a person that wants to remove it, they have lost their elections? I thought that was interesting.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Exactly NotPanicking. Right now we are living on 100% of our income, we can't afford to loose half of it. Especially when we rarely go to the doctor.

Oh great my health care is covered, but my kids got taken away cause we are living on the streets and can't afford to feed them or place to live, cause the government has taken half of our income to pay for health insurance that we rarely use. That sounds reasonable.  (SARCASIM intended)

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Oh, and since I am scattered as all get out, forgot to add, OP that isn't true.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Lets see half of our income would amount to us paying 5k a month in taxes that would suck a lot. What would be the point of being successful and making more money when you don't get to keep but half of it. We would still have to pay taxes on food, gas, utilites, household goods and other taxes. So we would actually pay more than half. I am sure to those who make nothing or live off the system that sounds great you will be in the same shape you are now. To the rest of us that work 60 hours a week to make a living it would not be cool at all.

Move to a country that provides that and leave our country alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2009