What is happening on Sept 8th tht that lady wants us to keep our kids out of school?

Somone asked a question how many people r keeping kids home Sept 8th? For what reason? Enlighten me please???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• president Obama is making a speech to class rooms of k-6 (i believe). some parents dont agree and are keeping their kids home
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• president Obama is going to make a speech directed towards kids to try and motivate them to stay in school and pay attention in school and do well.

i dont see the big deal in it, people make it out to be like he is talking to them aabout religion or something really controversy.

do you know how high the drop out rate is in the US? someone needs to talk to these kids to stay in school!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• sorry controversial*

wow that was ridiculous lol.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• He should be taking to the high school kids instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• That's good. Keep your kids from learning because of one thing. WHy don't you give THEM the choice whether or not to listen to Obama or not?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• no the parents of the children should be talking to the
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• parents should be talking to them, but its obvious they are NOT. so someone NEEDS to.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My children are 7. Neither of them have the mindset to make political decisions whatsoever. I can motivate my children, and speak to them about world news, politics, etc... I do not need anyone else, including the president, doing it. I do not believe that Obama speaking to grades K-6 will have any impact of future drop out rates, nor do I believe my children will come home gleaming from the pep talk given. I believe it is yet another political move, nothing more...nothing less. And whether you like it or not politics can be just as controversial as religion or any other topics debated.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

Yes, because we all know that kids don't ever think for themselves or listen to their parents and other consistent authoritative figures in their lives.  It will make all of the difference in the world if Obama gets his big ears on TV to tell them to stay in school.  I won't pull my kid from school, but I think it's a big waste of time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• ok so he was not my pick for president that being said, I think him talking to the kids about staying in school is a good idea. Who cares if you like him or not. It is a good message for the children also he is president already time to except the fact and move on. keeping your children out of school for any reason other then illness, or family emergency's is wrong and hurting your children in the long run.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2009