who heregave their baby a sippy cup with rubber mouth part instead of doing a bottle??

and what age?
my dd is 6 1/2 months and is interested in juices and we have some for her, but i have to help her sip on it because i dont have a sippy cup or anything for her yet and dont want to do it in a bottle.

can i start her on one at this age?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes you can mine started on a sippy at 6 months too..he hated bottles anyways and i prefered the sippy...i got one with the removable slow/no spill protecters and i removed it for him so he see's to suck to get the liquid out then i put the slow thing back in and he took to it like a pro
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I used them with my boys at that age too. I did start out with the soft spouts then later on moved on to the hard spouts. I prefer the ones without valves to clean. I used the Advent ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I recently started my LO on juices, and I gave it to her in a sippy cup.
    It's a NUK Orthodontic one. And it has a rubber mouth part.
    She loves it. She can hold it and everything, and she's only five months.
    addysmama32309

Answer by addysmama32309 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• We too gave my son a cup at 6 months with more water than juice in it. He drinks out of the cups all day now....but still will not take them at nap and bed times. And he is almost 13 months. But we got the spill proof ones as well, with handles at that age. I can't remember when he actually learned to drink from it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Mine were all on sippy cups at 6 months and completely off the bottle.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son was breastfed and never took a bottle. At 4 months old I asked the doc if I could give pumped milk in a sippy with help and she said it was fine. i would say go for the soft spout ones and you will be fine.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009