would this upset you?

last night dh told ds (3 y/o) that he would take him out crabbing with grandpa. well today the weathers too rough so I understand dh not taking ds but he didn't even have the heart to tell ds. took off while ds was napping so now I have to deal with the broken heart (ds was looking forward to this all day. he's been on his best behavior and talking about it all day long.) I am going to take him out somewhere special but that means I have to take dd (4weeks old) who is hooked up to an iv for antibiotics. the iv system is very easy to transport but still a pain esp since dd hates being in her carseat. I'm irritated that dh and his dad are going crabbing as his dads off work for months and dh is off everyday at 1. I don't see why they can't wait til a day when its not so windy and take ds. what do you ladies think? should I be mad or am I just hormonal from having dd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Instead of taking him out, how about doing something extra special at home? It is heartrending to see your child so disappointed. You husband should have explained. But since it is so difficult to take the little one out, just do something at home. Make fudge or cookies, maybe?

Answer by Bmat at 5:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Crappy on the dad's part, when he gets home I'd tell him not to ever leave like that he can make other arrangements with son the next time, and not be a coward.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• well just because its windy doesnt mean that your son couldnt go..especially if your hubby went anyways, now if the weather WAS too rough for your son to go then i think your hubby should have styaed home as well..or at least have told him the weather was too bad for him to go but hed take him to this instead that day. that would break my heart seeing him upset and looking forward to goingoput with his dad. your hubby shouldlve taken him to go do somehting else with them.so no you arent overreactng.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i would tell his dad to do something when he gets home with his son. no excuses even if its passed bedtime!something special like building a fort with blankets or somthng like it. maybe having a snack together
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I think that was very lousy of DH and grandpa. They should have waited until a day good enough to take your son too. I'd talk to him about it when he returned.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• well I took ds to mcdonalds playland with 2 friends. then ds and I went to walmart where we picked out 3 special things (they are having a huge moving sale and I needed to get a prescription filled for dd) dh didn't get home til way after ds bedtime, yet somehow ds never made it in to bed as I was busy nursing his sister and putting his toys together lol... so yeah dh played with ds for a few minutes (not long enough if you ask me) abd turns out that even though it was super windy here, it was completely calm on the water so both dh and grandpa felt bad. oh well on to a new day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009