What movie or movies had the most profound/positive effect on you?

Have you seen a movie that left you feeling better or enlightened or inspired for having seen it? If so, what was it?

For me there are several movies that had a huge impact on me: Ghandi, Supersize me, Iron Jawed Angels, and Who Killed The Electric Car are a just few of them. As a feminist, I also enjoyed Lilith Fair (the first one) and was moved and educated (about the bias against women in the music industry) by that video. The business of being born is also a much needed to see documentary and I think all teenage girls should see it, not to mention adult women and men.

What about you?

divinelovemagic

Asked by divinelovemagic at 5:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• Fireproof, good way to improve your marriage, the Ultimate Gift.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 5:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• White Light, Black Rain...the impact that film had on me is very hard to explain.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• American history x, The boy in the striped Pajamas.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "Life Is Beautiful" is the first one that came to mind. It's the only movie in subtitles that I can watch over and over. Also "Shawshank Redemption" always leaves me feeling inspired.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Just off the top of my head: American History X, What Dreams May Come, and Passion of the Christ all had profound impacts on me. Some honorable mentions are, Dead Poets Society, Sliding Doors, and Where the Red Fern Grows.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Supersize Me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm not easily profoundly affected by movies, but I would say "Dead Poet's Society".
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I agree with the poster who said "Fireproof." Also, "The Passion of the Christ." One of the hardest movies to watch, seeing what our Lord and Savior went through,but such an important message.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I still get weepy when I see It's A Wonderful Life. Passion of the Christ is so powerful. And movies like Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan and The Boy in the Striped pajamas should be required viewing but I don't think I could sit through them again, too painful to watch.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2009