Embarassing thing that happened to me today!

So I'm in college and I had a really stressful day today. I was walking to class (it's a small private college so I know all of the profs.) and I saw teh husband of the teacher of my next class walking too. He is also a teacher and was holding a sign for her door that said she was called to jury duty. I spoke to him for a minute (I assumed we didn't have her class because he laughed that she got called for JD) and asked if she would be there for lab that evening and he said yes. He mumbles (badly) when he talks and so I just said bye and went out-I told the classmates I saw as I walked out of the building that class was cancelled. So I go to lab and I find out that he had told me that we DID have class and he was showing us a video! His wife (our scheduled teacher) told me what he meant (she was nice though) Anyway, this has bothered me all day and I'm embarrassed! Any similar stories or am I the only one this stupid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh boy that stinks! I'm glad she was so understanding about it though :) Just a simple miscommunication. Hey, if she's his wife then she probably knows all too well about his mumbling. They probably had a "See I told you that you mumble when you talk" conversation when she got home! LOL!

I can't think of anything I've done similar, but I KNOW that I have. I am always sticking my foot in my mouth or something. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009