Ok, this may be stupid but..

Ok, I know that this may sound stupid, and please don't say "just have sex every day." If you don't have something constructive, please just don't bother answering the question.

Honestly, where should we start when TTC? We have a 15 month old, and we were waiting for my hubby to get a new job (which he did land yesterday, by the way), and now that he has it, we are going to start trying for baby number two. I made an appointment with my OBGYN to get my IUD removed on Sept. 30th, but where do I go from here? Any suggestions?
(My DD was a suprise, I was on the pill and still got pregnant, so we shouldn't have any problems concieving, I am looking more for suggestions, like start taking prenatal vitamins now, etc.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OP Here:
    The "positive" with the IUD I have is that it isn't supposed to "mess" with getting pregnant once you get off. I have ALWAYS had very regular periods (I'm talking I could mark the day I would have it on the calendar), and I am hoping that it I don't have to get into all of the "basal body temps." etc. because that is what I am worried about, I don't understand any of it, and it stresses me out! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• When my husband and I started trying for baby number two my OB said to start taking prenatal vitamins. Basically I stopped taking the birth control pills, started watching and keeping track of my periods, and there are GREAT websites that have free ovulation calendars that can tell you when your most fertile days are. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Take vitamins now...start charting your basal temp, cervical position, cervical mucous (try reading Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler) just because you were fertile on BC (accident) doesn't mean that you are really fertile...most women have phases where they don't ovulate for months at a time after getting off BC.
    Having sex every day is not a good idea either as it makes for lower sperm production...they need at least 24 hours to build up a good supply after ejaculation so sex every other day is good.
    don't stress about it as it will postpone ovulation...just go with the flow.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I was told to start prenatal vitamins 6 month sbefore you start trying, asap is best. Other then that have fun and enjoy the trying. Some women ovulate right after stopping birth control others don't.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• eat foods with a lot of folic acids, also there are tests, much like pregnancy tests called ovulation tests and you can take one and it tells you wether or not you are ovulating. other than make sure you enjoy yourself because stress as said before can cause you to not ovulate and stress on your hubby can lower his sperm count, also, make sure he doesn't drink mountain due b/c that can do the same!!!
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 7:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• OP here:
    THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Tony Weschler. And go to www.fertilityfriend.com. Between the two, you'll have all the information you need, and then some. :)

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009