contractions 5-10 minutes apart...

So since about 10am I have been having contractions that are constantly 5-10 minutes apart...every once in a while they might be 12 or 13 minutes, but extremely close together! I am 36 weeks 1 day...They have not increased in intensity at all, but are quite uncomfortable!! As of Monday I was not dilated any at all, but she said the baby was VERYYY low! I have been into L&D twice with contractions but sent home because I want dilating! I have had loose stools today (sry, TMI) and increased dishcharge when I go to the potty (like chunks of it come out!) But no "bloody show" or mucus looking stuff, so i guess i havent lost my plug yet!

Question is, would u go in if they continue to be 5-10 minutes apart?

I was at work all day, so i was up and down, and had chances to relax and sit in my chair, and they still came! No matter what I did! Even when I was driving home!!

and ive had tons of water! to stay or to go.hmm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would go. better safe then sorry, you know? you wouldn't want to wait at home and then find out you actually are in labor and then barely have enough time to get to the hospital.

i know its frustrating being sent home from the hospital though. you can try walking around for a while, that is supposed to help
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 6:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Probably not time yet.

It sounds like your body is working on something.
    Do you know your baby's position? That could be a cause.

How long does each contraction last? And how long have they been that way?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• he is head down for sure! he's been that way for weeks now! When she checked my cervix monday she said she had to "move his head" to be able to get to it to check! each one is about 30-45 seconds, and like i said its been pretty much all day, except when they started this morning around 10am they were about 15-20 minutes apart, and now 5-10...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I would wait til they are all 5 mins apart, or if they get really painful. It sounds like your body is gearing up for labor, but it doesnt sound like full on labor yet. Im not a doctor but I am guessing you will be in full blown labor in 3 days TOPS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Also, keep walking and try to help things along. I had contractions for 2 days straight and my DD was at a -2 station for those two days but didnt come til the 3rd day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• They aren't too long just yet. And the timing is still pretty inconsistent.
    Baby could be head-down, but turned in a position (or turning) that can make irregular & painful non-labor contracting.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009