Should I not go...?

I start college soon, and I am REALLY excited about it. But I am 23 weeks pregnant, and there are a TON of stairs I have to climb to get to my classes. I know that isnt a problem now but should I be worried about this sending me into early labor later on? My husband says I shouldnt stress about it but I dont want to cause my baby to come early.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bet by the time you are late in your pregnancy your body is going to be so used to the excersise that it doesn't do anything. I bet there is an elevator somewere you good use, they are hanidcapp accessable aren't they? What a great way to help maintain a healthy pregnancy and weight. Good luck and enjoy school.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't think that would be a problem unless your doctor has you on restrictions. It's probably going to be hard on you especially if you are going to carry a backpack full of books. Just make sure and stop and take breaks and catch your breath. I'm 28 weeks and already get out of breath when I go up and down stairs.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 6:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Stair-climbing shouldn't send you into labor~ unless you're high risk for something...
    Healthy pregnancies aren't induced by walking up stairs-- especially if mom is used to doing it.

There is probably an elevator available somewhere, too, just in case. BUT if you plan ahead and go really slowly, should not be any problem at all. :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am 34 almost 35 weeks and I take the stairs at school everyday a few times. It's not so bad, and the exercise is good for you, really.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• it shouldn't be a problem at all. it might make you a little tired but just take it slow and easy! now if you start having problems where your health care provider thinks you are at risk for early labor, they might tell you to go on bed rest but that's unlikely i think. congrats on starting college!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2009