So your'e all naieve enough to think he only wants to tell our kids to "stay in school" and "do your homework?" I just want to be sure I have that right!

Hey, turn about's fair play. What's good for the goose is good for the gander,and let's see how the libs squirm!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I honestly do not believe that all he is going to say is 'stay in school'. I can't imagine that he has anything 'harmful' to say. I wish I could find a copy of the speech... I have no doubt, there is a hidden agenda even if it is just an attempt at getting to the mama bear through her cubs. I can say I am not 'paranoid' though. My son is 5 he will have no idea what he is talking about and won't remember any of it by the time he gets home. I would feel better seeing something about the actual speech it's self though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Why would I be naive to believe that?

**shrug** Then call me naive. I've been called worse. And I'm not going to squirm. *I* don't hide behind an Anon button.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Even if that's not all he says, why would I care? I find this to be a great discussion tool for our family. If he says something I don't agree with, I'll talk to my kids about it. In one speech, he's not going to circumvent my years of influence with my kids. And they're independent enough thinkers that if he says something THEY don't agree with, they're not going to change their opinion. I would be naive and a little paranoid to think he could.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 6:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• What do you think he's going to do? Announce at a given moment all adults must exit the room and then set off their inner Manchurian candidate? I had to sit through Nancy Regan and Ronald Regan and I do not recall this much drama over their speeches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I don't believe that. Even if that is all he addressed, like one poster said earlier on the other question...Hitler started with the children as well. I'm not saying he's as evil as Hitler, but I do think he's trying to "recruit", in a sense, those who are too young to understand what he's fully about....and that isn't right at all.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "I had to sit through Nancy Regan and Ronald Regan and I do not recall this much drama over their speeches."

That's because there WASN'T! Presidents were EXPECTED to address ALL their constituents at one point or another..including the kids.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "I don't believe that. Even if that is all he addressed, like one poster said earlier on the other question...Hitler started with the children as well. I'm not saying he's as evil as Hitler, but I do think he's trying to "recruit", in a sense, those who are too young to understand what he's fully about....and that isn't right at all."

So your kids would change their minds after one speech? So much for all your brainwashing!! If yours didn't work, why do you think his will?

that is if I believed this is brainwashing, but you seem to so i'm going with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• gdimante, MY kids are NOT BHO's "constituents." He better stay the hell away from my kids!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• So your kids would change their minds after one speech?

Everyone who fell for all his campaign lies, I mean promises did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Maybe you should have stayed in school long enough to learn how to spell naive.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2009