True or false? (eviction question)

Is it true that if you get fired from your job that your landlord can't legally evict you for 3 months? I call b/s, I lived in several apts and though I've never been evicted, I've been late on rent a time or 2 and had to pay huge fees.

I ask because my parents entered into a contract w/ a friend/coworker of my mom's, their renting out their condo to her. Things were great up til a few mos ago when the bank kept "losing" the checks, and then she got fired from her job for having vodka in a water bottle and in another bottle at her desk.

I feel so awful, basically my parents have to pay her rent for 3 months? wtf, how the hell is that fair in any way, shape or form? I seriously don't think any landlord I've ever had would've let me stay in my apt for 3 months til I got a job! But I could be wrong, anyone know?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am a landlord and I also managed several rental properties for a large company. NOT TRUE
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• No, it is NOT TRUE.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Nope - but it may be difficult to get them out - if they refuse...may have to get a court order...my inlaws are landlords and get this crap pulled on them all the time - deadbeat renters...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2009