Is it just me, or can you not get enough of your kids?

I know it sounds crazy, and my girlfriends tell me all the time that I need to "go out" and "go have some girl time" but I would SO much rather just stay home with my beautiful little girl!! She is a total handful, busy, busy, busy, into everything all the time, but I would trade all of the "me time" in the world for "Taylee time" :-) My parents want her to stay the night, but I prefer that she stays home. My SO wants to have a "date night," but I suggest family time.

Am I the only CRAZY mom out there that is like this?! LOL

Tiera12

Asked by Tiera12 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im the same way....i cant get enough of my kids....i men i go out mabe once a month with hubby for maybe 2 hours and the whole time were gone all we do is talk about the kids....i feel so empty without them around
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• aw thats so beautiful!!! i hope i'm the same too!all my friends always complain they dont have time for nothing, they can't go out anymore, ect... and they use to tell me never get pregnant. how bad it is and that i was gonna mess up my body. But i'm enjoying every minute of it...
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 7:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• doesnt sound entirely healthy to me. I was once like this and then I realized I had postpartum depression and I was using the excuse of my baby to isolate from everyone except my baby. You HAVE to take time for you to be a good mom and if you want your relationship with your so to continue to flourish you HAVE to do a date night or one on one time, he will get upset if your all about the kid cause men are big babies and they need to be babied now and then to feel loved I would be careful
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Nope Im just like that! I love being around my son sooooo much (although its hard sometimes!) And i really hate when he is away from me because i miss him sooo much! He rarely leaves me... but we are around people all the time (i run a playgroup) its not PPD if you want to be around your kids... its love.
    Kagenj07

Answer by Kagenj07 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I'm not saying I DONT want to be around my child Im saying making your child your identitiy is unhealthy
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I love being around my daughter, but I relish the times I get to spend alone too. Everyone needs "me time".
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I am the same way. I can't get enough of my little girl. I would sleep with her if I could, just to spend more time with her. I went six months only getting to spend about 4 hours a day with her and now I am home from work just as she is getting up. I spend the whole day with her now. Don't get me wrong b/c I do need my me time. We have a very close friend who takes her overnight about once every 3 months. I miss her terribly while she is away but I am a much better mom once she comes home. Enjoy a date night and impose a no talking about the kids rule through dinner. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• When it comes to time with my toddler I think I need a balance. The time I spend alone allows me to yearn for my husband and son, the time I spend alone with my son or husband makes me want to spend time with the other or as a family. Its all good!
    ColoradoMom25

Answer by ColoradoMom25 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• no ur not crazy,if i did go out i wont have a good time becouse i would be worrying about my little one.im not leting my little one stay over night anywere until she is around 2 or 3.besides she has never been away from me or hubby ever.if i was gone hubby had her and vise versa.she is also into everything and gets hurt alot,lol
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2009