Why are wagons so expensive?

We went shopping for a wagon today. After searching craigslist and not finding any, we decided to try Walmart. I can't believe the price of some wagons! A plain radio flyer metal wagon was $50.00 and if you want to upgrade to the plastic one it's $120.00!! I finally found a Step 2 wagon for $60.00 at Target which I love! It has cup holders and a storage compartment. But still a little pricey don't you think? I can't tell you how many times I am irked by the cost of things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• shop craigslist. they always have those on there and usually go for about 15-30 bucks in really good shape.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• We were looking at wagons for my daughter's first birthday and I was wondering the same thing.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• to deny a child of a wagon is borderline child abuse therefore the wagon manufaturers KNOW they can rape your wallet cause you cant NOT buy your child a wagon....they are soul less! For our wedding we had the ring bearer and flower girl pulled down the aisle in a wagon... that we had to purchase brand new... and we had no children. Let me tell ya THAT irked me! LOL
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• i have no plans to get my DD a wagon i never had one as a kid had the money.. just no use for it so dont see the need personally
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2009