When should you throw out your used bed pillows?

I wash our bed pillows, but there comes a point where they just arent the same fluffy pillows after washing a few times.

So I was wondering how often pillows should be washed and /or replaced?

Thanks,
Es

lbzmom

Asked by lbzmom at 7:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we toss them every 2 years. but i wash them during that time lol
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• generally if your asking, it's time to replace them ;) it depends on each person but I would think once a year should be sufficient
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• It just seems more economical to replace them at $4.00 each then to run them through the washer and dryer. I think it cost more in water and electricity than to just replace them!! LOL!!
    lbzmom

Answer by lbzmom at 7:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• "It just seems more economical to replace them at $4.00 each then to run them through the washer and dryer. I think it cost more in water and electricity than to just replace them!! LOL!!"

But if you want to get all "Green" about it throwing them in a landfill isn't much better..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i wash them every other time i wash sheets, but I get new pillows after about a year. But i dont throw the old ones away just yet. when we have houseguests i give them a couple of the lumpy flat pillows to decide which would be more comfortable for them. I know, sad that I give my guests the crap pillows while Im sleeping in comfort
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009